Monday, May 20, 2013

An Interview with tjk DESIGNS


I first met Tami, the designer for tjk DESIGNS at an arts and crafts show about a year ago.  I loved their beautiful products and the fact that they were constructed from wine barrels. Today she shares a little bit about herself and her work with us.

Tell us a little bit about you and tjk designs.
I started the business a little over 2 years ago.  I guess it began when I started making gifts for family and friends out of my father-in-law's old barn wood and then decided it would be fun to get a old wine barrel.


When did you first start upcycling wine barrels?
A little over 2 years ago.

What is your favorite product that you design?
My favorite product...probably anything where I get to cut into the wine barrels.  The smell of the wine in the wood of the barrel is amazing! If I had to pick something...the new wine barrel frames and mirrors are my current favorites.


Anything else you would like to tell us.
The average age of a French Oak tree that is used to make barrels is 170 years.  My website is tjk-designs.com.  I do not have ordering online, but can be contacted by email or phone.

Head to her website to check out more including jewelry and custom work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?